Friday, April 27, 2012

Furnished Friday...Mirrored Furniture

Last Friday, I highlighted my love for lucite furniture (thanks Plexi-Craft again for the wonderful desk at which I write these posts), which I seriously believe is very uni-sex and very versatile. If you don't believe me just check out Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz' use of lucite within the Combs Residence. But today I would like to feature mirrored furniture, which as hard as I may try, just simply is not manly and likely never will be. Despite the fact that I live with my boyfriend, and when decorating our apartment I was very aware that whatever was purchased needed to appease his taste as well, I still managed to sneak in this beautiful mirrored lingerie chest

Image courtesy of Horchow.com

Mirrored furniture, like lucite furniture, is great for visually enhancing the size of one's space. The reflective surface is ideal for creating the illusion of a bigger space. Mirrors in general are great for this purpose. For example: when decorating my Miami condo, I hung a beautiful art deco mirror on the wall opposite my floor to ceiling windows so that the reflection of the ocean would be visible- it did wonders for elongating the length of that room.

One can find almost any item of furniture made of mirrors. I have drooled over mirrored beds, mirrored desks, mirrored vanities, mirrored coffee tables and even mirrored bath sinks. While I am all for mirrored furniture be careful not to over do it! A mirrored bed should not be matched with mirrored dressers- rather pair it with lucite night stands, like Nancy Corzine did in her bedroom below.


See below for some of my favorite mirrored pieces- 
Vendor: Nancy Corzine | Monique Cocktail 

Vendor: Worlds Away   |  Phillip Mirrored Desk

Vendor: Bungalow 5 | Catherine Vanity Desk

Vendor: Chans Furniture | Ashey Model BWv-025-30

1 comment:

  1. I WANT THAT MIRRORED DRESSER!!!!!!

    And the mirrored desk, make up table, coffee table, etc... I'll take one of everything, ok?? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete