Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I love Wednesday...Doxie + Deja Vu

As many of us bloggers are - I too am a huge hoarder of magazines and even worse- a huge hoarder of all the pages I rip out of magazines that I find inspirational. I have been doing this for about 3 years now and since I subscribe to too many magazines you can just imagine the stacks of "rip outs" that I have accumulated.


Additionally, being the OCD person I am, I like to be perfectly organized and thus my apple computer is my best friend. It therefore naturally follows that I like everything to be stored on my computer (not on the hardrive but in a cloud- Dropbox is my preferred cloud application in case you are wondering!)- including all types of documents I receive in the mail (a paperless world is my dream).


While I once tried scanning everything with my printer- my scanner was too slow and the process was too painful, and so the search began for a more efficient way of storing all the papers I had accumulated.


After intense research and even some wasted money on useless equipment (shame on you Brookstone- your handheld scanner was the least user friendly piece of technology of the decade) I have finally figured it out- the solution is simple- DOXIE.


I purchased the "cheaper" version for $149 from Amazon.com without realizing that if you purchase directly from Doxie.com students receive a $30 discount.


Buy me here and your world will change 
Regardless- I could not be happier. It took about 5 minutes to set up my Doxie and once I accomplished this easy task,I began to scan away. Each scan takes only a few seconds and the quality is perfect. Doxie has even partnered with various cloud apps such as googledocs and CloudApp making it even easier to ensure that all scanned items are stored safely.


While Doxie is great for 8 by 11 sized documents and can even scan smaller items such as business cards, I found this great app - Deja Vu to download for my iphone that allows me to snap a picture, organize it by writing a quick memo, and then storing it. So far I have found this incredibly useful for all the business cards I had accumulated, for snapping nail polishes (so that I can remember which colors I like!) and for snapping pics of items I like :) 

I am feeling very accomplished and organized these days....and very open to hearing input on other items app to continue my quest for a paperless and organized world. 

1 comment:

  1. Omg... I don't think you understand how HAPPY this post makes my OCD self!!!

    ReplyDelete